Jacinta Thurston, Solicitor
Office: Forbes, NSW.
Key Areas Of Practice: Property Law, Commercial Law, Family Law, Probates & Estates, Wills & Estate Planning, Intellectual Property.
Qualifications: LL.B. (UC), Graduate Dip. Legal Practice (ANU)
Joined Matthews Williams: 2019
Jacinta was born, raised and educated in Forbes, before going on to study law in Canberra at the University of Canberra.
By working as a paralegal during her studies, she gained valuable insight into the processes and procedures of a law firm. On finishing her degree, and subsequently being admitted to practice law, she began working as a solicitor at the same boutique law firm in Canberra. There she specialised in commercial and intellectual property law.
In 2012, Jacinta returned to Forbes to raise her young family. She continued to work remotely for the same Canberra-based firm, specialising in commercial law, intellectual property and conveyancing and property matters.
Jacinta joined Matthews Williams in January 2019. She has quickly proven herself to be a highly knowledgeable, organised and detail-orientated solicitor. Her extensive local knowledge gives her a unique perspective and insight into the different complexities that can arise in regards to rural, regional and farming matters.
Jacinta is a caring and friendly team player who aims to surpass the expectations of her clients and works hard to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Jacinta lives in Forbes with her husband and three young children. She enjoys running, Crossfit, interior design and gardening, as well as taxiing her children around to their various sports and activities on weekends.
Jacinta can act/advise on the following:
- Buying and selling a property, farm or business
- First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme, First Home Owner Grants (New Home) & Stamp Duty exemption
- Loan Security & Guarantee documents
- Discharge of Mortgage documents
- Water (WAL) transactions
- Residential, Retail & Commercial Leases
- Intellectual Property, including Copyright & Trademarks
- Estate Planning including preparing a Will, Power of Attorney/Enduring Guardian and succession planning
- Applications for Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration in Deceased Estates
- Divorce, Family Law and property settlements
- Contractual disputes / dispute resolution
- Debt recovery